Make a donation and get half back!
The Center has been awarded 50 percent Youth Opportunity Program (YOP) tax credits and 50 percent Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) tax credits. You can help others while helping yourself. Your donation helps rehabilitate youth and adults who have suffered brain injuries and other disabilities so that they can return to school and work and live productive lives. Brain injuries can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere. A brain injury occurs every 22 seconds.
Who is eligible for YOP tax credits?
Any person or business who has tax liability in Missouri.
Who is eligible for NAP tax credits?
Anyone who has business tax liability in Missouri, for example:
- An individual who has rental property or royalty income
- Owners of a farm or a sole proprietorship
- A corporation, a small business, an LLC, partnership, an individual partner in a partnership or a shareholder in an S-corp
- A bank, credit institution, credit union, farmer’s cooperative
- An insurance company
How does it work?
- In addition to state and federal income tax deductions, eligible donors get 50% of the donation back in the form of a state tax credit, which reduces your Missouri tax liability.
- Donors have up to one year from the date of the contribution to apply for the credits and up to five years to use them.
- Tax credits can’t exceed your liability in the tax year claimed.
- Give a gift of stock and owe no capital gains tax.
- Be a champion for people in need while helping yourself at the same time!
Take advantage of this amazing bargain!
What do I do next?
It’s easy! Just send your tax-deductible contribution of $500 or more through cash, check, credit card, stocks or bonds to the Center for Head Injury Services at 11786 Westline Industrial Dr., St. Louis, MO 63146. Or you can make a donation online. We will send you a form with brief instructions to complete and submit the tax credit application. Then, just provide your tax planner with the approved tax credit form and start saving money while doing good.
For more information or to request stock transfer information, contact Sue Kaiser at 314.983.9230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will your donation really cost?
*There are seven federal tax brackets: 10%, 15%, 25%, 28%, 33%, 35% and 39.6%. This example assumes a 28% tax bracket. Depending on your earnings, you could save even more!
This material is provided for information purposes only; it is not intended to substitute professional tax advice.
Consult your tax preparer or financial advisor for specific advice on how to maximize your benefits.