Updated: July 21, 2020, 1:00 PM CT
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is top of mind for the Center for Head Injury Services. We understand the importance of health and safety and what it means to our employees and the community we serve.
The Center is releasing this statement to make our communities and those we serve aware of the precautions we are taking. This statement (and its modifications to our existing Fever Policy) is in place to keep our workplace and those we serve as healthy and safe as we can. We are continually monitoring the ongoing spread of COVID-19.
* So as to protect the health and safety of employees and clients by limiting exposure, we are encouraging employees to work from home as much as possible.
As the Center serves those that attend our day programs as well as individuals in our community, we ask the following of our community partners, volunteers, consumers, parents and guardians:
- Please be acutely aware of your own health.
- Everyone who enters the facility will fill out a weekly screening.
- Everyone who enters the facility will have their temperature taken upon entry each day.
- Wearing face masks is required in the facility.
- If you or anyone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19, please refrain from coming to the Center. Reach out to your staff contact for more information on how to navigate continuing services.
- If you or anyone in your household is testing for COVID-19 (awaiting the results), please refrain from coming to the Center until you or the family member receives results. Reach out to your staff contact for more information on how to navigate continuing services.
- We encourage all visitors to make an appointment, as we try to reduce the number of people inside our facility.
- Please wash your hands and arms properly (for at least 20 seconds) or use hand sanitizer (containing at least 60% alcohol) when water and soap are not available.
- Please cough and sneeze into your arm or tissue and sanitize directly after.
We are taking the following precautions to ensure our program consumers along with employees are informed:
- We are encouraging frequent and proper handwashing by everyone and to use hand sanitizer when water and soap are not available.
- We have placed clear plexiglass partitions in our lobby.
- We are recommending and supporting teleconferencing and video conferencing, when appropriate, to encourage social distancing measures.
- We are cleaning and wiping down all surfaces, handles and railings with disinfectant. Any equipment used is cleaned daily.
The Center is going to keep communication open. As we make updates and receive new information, we will update this webpage. Our employees and programs will also keep the line of communication open with you and your families. We encourage you to act upon the facts on the coronavirus, educate yourself, be aware of your health and continue with the proper hygienic practices to keep yourself and others safe and healthy. The CDC has more information about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit www.cdc.gov.